Yoga Therapy with Diane
Yoga Therapy is like yoga but more finely tuned.
As your therapist I am here to support, challenge and offer guidance thru prompts and holding of breath and movement.
Our one on one session looks like this:
- -Check in to identify areas of focus
- -Prioritize learning outcomes/ alleviating symptoms
- -Begin to explore range of movement exercises
- -Emphasize the relationship of the breath and the spine.
- -Encouraging prompts to explore how your body moves
- -Detailed instruction to address misalignment, strengthen/tone targeted areas and strategies to alleviate pain
- Explore the quality and directions of your mind
- Learn what to avoid/ protect with caution in your movements and body mind.
- Create a follow up plan
Meet your Yoga Therapist
Yoga Therapist ~ Dojo Owner
Trauma Informed Therapist
Diane has had extensive injury and trauma so she teaches from a Felt Sense, a Knowing Place and a Compassionate Heart.
She takes great pride in her ability to deconstruct any pose to suit an individual.
Diane has a genuine love for sharing Yoga Therapy and has compiled in excess of 2500 teaching hours. She was first certified in Ashtanga Yoga in 1997 and has continued learning, establishing credentials in Pre & Post Natal Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Shiatsu.
Diane understands that to heal the body one must explore habitual holding patterns, breath restrictions, misalignment and limiting self talk in the body mind.
Experienced Intuitive Healer
She was first certified in Ashtanga Yoga in 1997 and has continued learning, establishing credentials in Pre & Post Natal Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Shiatsu.
Having rehabilitated herself from 4 herniated discs, managing endometriosis since her teens, handling anxiety from a traumatic upbringing and having a full term pregnancy and natural delivery of twins, she is well versed in overcoming chronic pain, nerve damage, autoimmune dysfunction and adapting to change!!