Introductory class at Sadohana Dojo
- This class is for beginner, new students and students returning to Ju Jitsu after hiatus.
- Foundational Movement from the ground up, we offer classes in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese JuJutsu on the same night
- We like to meet you before before you step out on the mat to make sure we are a good fit and our easy questionnaire helps us do just that. This should make you feel comfortable knowing we have a wee screening process.
- We can supply you with a loaner uniform for your introduction class.
- We hold a special introduction class for all potential & new students once a month. Next one is March 26, 2019 at 6:30pm! By reservation.
- Please confirm your attendance and also let us know your gi size so we can have a loaner for you.
- To confirm you must fill out form below and register for class.
- For more detail on the 2 styles of jiu jitsu taught at Sadohana scroll down.
Click the button below to fill out our getting to know you form. Thanks!
Register for Introductory class by clicking below. Thank you!
Adults KoKoDo JuJutsu and Brazilian JiuJitsu Classes - What to expect...
- Your first class you will be taught some basic movements, learn about dojo culture, be able to ask any questions and will be encouraged to try new things.
- IF you have your own gi, you are welcome to wear a white gi from a different school until you become a member of Sadohana.
- When you arrive for your first class, please come 15 minutes early to get familiar with the space.
- Our regular classes are made up of different levels with lots of assistant instructors to help you along the way.
- Drop-in Fee is $25 (putting money where your intention is powerful) This fee will allow you to try one or both classes in one night.
For more information on BJJ , click the button below
For more information on KKD, click the button below.
Kids Jiu Jitsu- What to expect...
Sadohana Kids Jiu Jitsu
Click the button below to get started with classes.
Shiatsu- What to expect...
Shiatsu is a therapeutic treatment for pain or structural, neural or muscular imbalances.
- Full Shiatsu treatments typically last up to 1 hour.
- Receiver is fully clothed - please wear natural materials, with out buttons or zippers.
- Full treatment is back, back of legs, back of arms, front of legs, front of arms, hands, neck and face.
- Partial treatments can include back & arms, back & legs or variations thereof.
- Top up sessions or partial treatments typically last 30 mins.
Yoga therapy- What to expect...
Whether in a group or one-on-one setting, you can expect the following:
- Check in to identify areas of focus
- Prioritize learning outcomes/ alleviating symptoms
- Begin to explore range of movement exercises
- Emphasize the relationship of the breath and the spine.
- Encouraging prompts to explore how your body moves
- Detailed instruction to address misalignment, strengthen/tone targeted areas and strategies to alleviate pain
- Receive detailed assistance getting into and staying in certain poses.
- Explore the quality and directions of your mind
- Learn what to avoid/ protect with caution in your movements and body mind.
- Create a follow up plan