Introductory class at Sadohana Dojo
- This class is for beginner, new students and students returning to Ju Jitsu after hiatus.
- Foundational Movement from the ground up, we offer classes in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese JuJutsu on the same night
- We like to meet you before before you step out on the mat to make sure we are a good fit and our easy questionnaire helps us do just that. This should make you feel comfortable knowing we have a wee screening process.
- We can supply you with a loaner uniform for your introduction class.
- We hold a special introduction class for all potential & new students once a month. Next one is Oct 30th 2018 at 6:30pm! By reservation.
- Please confirm your attendance and also let us know your gi size so we can have a loaner for you.
- Please click the button below and fill out our easy questionnaire.
- You can register for the class by purchasing the Introductory Class
Adults KoKoDo JuJutsu and Brazilian JiuJitsu Classes - What to expect...
- Your first class you will be taught some basic movements, learn about dojo culture, be able to ask any questions and will be encouraged to try new things.
- IF you have your own gi, you are welcome to wear a white gi from a different school until you become a member of Sadohana.
- When you arrive for your first class, please come 15 minutes early to get familiar with the space.
- Our regular classes are made up of different levels with lots of assistant instructors to help you along the way.
- Drop-in Fee is $25 (putting money where your intention is powerful) This fee will allow you to try one or both classes in one night.
Kids Jiu Jitsu- What to expect...
Sadohana Kids Jiu Jitsu
Click the button below to get started with classes.
Shiatsu- What to expect...
Shiatsu is a therapeutic treatment for pain or structural, neural or muscular imbalances.
- Full Shiatsu treatments typically last up to 1 hour.
- Receiver is fully clothed - please wear natural materials, with out buttons or zippers.
- Full treatment is back, back of legs, back of arms, front of legs, front of arms, hands, neck and face.
- Partial treatments can include back & arms, back & legs or variations thereof.
- Top up sessions or partial treatments typically last 30 mins.
Yoga therapy- What to expect...
Whether in a group or one-on-one setting, you can expect the following:
- Check in to identify areas of focus
- Prioritize learning outcomes/ alleviating symptoms
- Begin to explore range of movement exercises
- Emphasize the relationship of the breath and the spine.
- Encouraging prompts to explore how your body moves
- Detailed instruction to address misalignment, strengthen/tone targeted areas and strategies to alleviate pain
- Receive detailed assistance getting into and staying in certain poses.
- Explore the quality and directions of your mind
- Learn what to avoid/ protect with caution in your movements and body mind.
- Create a follow up plan